Jollylook is an innovative vintage styled instant camera created by Ukrainian instant photo enthusiasts. The camera will be available on kickstarter.com with prices and options available to suit every budget. With true vintage style and a folding design this fun camera can be taken with you anywhere.
Jollylook is a simple fold-out camera for analogue photos, which is made entirely from recycled paper and cardboard. No electronics, batteries or chargers – just some paper, a pair of lenses and a Fujifilm Instax Mini film cartridge for instant mini photos. Jollylook uses less materials than used in the packaging of a regular camera. The camera body, the shutter and aperture are made of thick paper and laminated cardboard. The camera itself is as dangerous to the environment as a banana peel!
On 31st January 2017, Jollylook will begin a 30-day crowdfunding campaign on kickstarter.com to make Jollylook the first ever cardboard retro instant film camera available to instant photo enthusiasts.
Oleg Khalip, co-founder and author of Jollylook said: “There was no problem with instant film technology, people solved this problem a long time ago. What remained to create was an analogue camera that would be simple and contained in the package, worked properly and allowed to take pictures and get instant results. I had to study the design of many analogue cameras before being able to make the shutter. The most difficult part in the development was the shutter – no existing mechanisms worked for Jollylook, so I had to invent a new shutter.”
He continued: “After picking the right lens and calculating the aperture, we created a folding ‘accordion’ camera body from paper, and then the case where the Instax film cartridge is placed. We then moved to the design, and there were no doubts here – it had to be retro with a l steampunk look.
The crowdfunding campaign with a goal of $15 000 will last for 30 days, and first mass produced Jollylook cameras are expected in June 2017.
The advantages of Jollylook
- The Design – awesome vintage design with a little steampunk
- The Fun – entertaining and positive emotions
- A Great Gift – can be used immediately and instantly
- A Great Toy – Jollylook is a great teaching toy for children. Your kid can take it apart and see how it works
- A Nice Souvenir – even after use Jollylook is beautiful on the shelf
- Foldout and Compact – a little bigger than an iPhone box
- Beautiful Photos – using a single cartridge you get 10 instant classic colour or monochrome analog unique photos.
- Environmentally friendly
- Lens: Meniscus lens with a focal length of 110mm (4.33in), which can be moved up to shoot through a pinhole
- Viewfinder: Fresnel lens
- Aperture – Manual adjustment with seven values on the diaphragm disk: f/8, f/11, f/16, f/22, f/32, f/45 and f/64
- Exposure: Two settings, and a manual shutter mode
- Pinhole: A round hole in a copper foil 0.6 mm (0.023 in) in diameter, located on the diaphragm disk
- Size: When folded 85 x 127 x 48mm (311⁄32x5x157⁄64 in)
- Film: Fujifilm Instax Mini instant film
- Conditions of use: Use at temperatures between 10 – 35 °C (50 -95 ℉) in dry weather
- Storage conditions: Store in a dry, dark place at room temperature
For more information visit jollylook.photo
To check out the Kickstarter campaign click here